The City of Miami Springs was founded as Country Club Estates in 1926 by aviation pioneer, inventor and land developer Glenn H. Curtiss. The 2.9-square-mile, triangular-shaped city grew along with aviation and became the favorite community for people employed by airlines and related businesses.
Located “in the heart of it all,” Miami Springs is bordered by Miami International Airport, the City of Hialeah, the Village of Virginia Gardens and the Town of Medley. As the City became engulfed by the growth of Miami-Dade County, it remained a desirable “bedroom community” because of its small-town flavor, great location and family-oriented civic amenities, including parks, racquetball and tennis courts, golf course, municipal pool and new community center and theater.
Hometown to 14,000 residents, Miami Springs is mostly single-family dwellings and limited apartments, with a historic downtown area of professional offices, restaurants and small retail stores