Incorporated on June 24, 2003, in one of thirty-four municipalities in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Conveniently located just one mile from Miami International Airport and twelve miles from Downtown Miami, our City is home to approximately 50,213 residents and regularly hosts in excess of 100,000 people who work within the City. The City of Doral occupies a land area of 15 square miles bordered on the west by the Ronald Reagan Turnpike, to the north by the Town of Medley, to the east by the Palmetto Expressway and to the South by the City of Sweetwater.
- Best City in Florida for Business Start-ups by BusinessWeek.
- Named #2 of America's Top 25 towns to live well for its cultural amenities,
pro-business environments, and highly educated workforce by Forbes.com.
- Awarded Playful City USA 2010-2014.
- Awarded Tree City USA 2008-2013.
- Recognized for Performance Management Successs by ICMA Center for Performance Measures.
- City of Doral Ranks 51st in Top 100 Places to Live and Launch a Business in the United States by CNNMoney.com.
- Named the Third Best Place in the USA to Retire
by US News & World Report.
- 96.4% of residents would recommend Doral as a place to live and work
and 95.6% rated the quality of life as good/excellence.